Maria's Racing Journal

This blog is a collection of my race reports and a few other random things. I am a member of CRCA's Radical Media Bicycle Racing Team based in NYC.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bear Mountain (Nancy Morgenstern Memorial) Race 9/10/06

After the turn into the climbs the field immediately broke up. About 8-9 of us charged up the hills. We kept a steady pace and the rest of the field never caught us.

On the second lap our breakaway passed the Pro1,2,3 women's field and for the first time, I was the group not being neutralized. They must have been taking it easy, but we were all still proud of ourselves. This only lasted maybe 3/4 of a lap and then the women pro123 passed us.

In the final 2KM, a women attacked. I tried to chase her but no one jumped into to help and she got away . The final sprint was fast and as I predicted, even in full sprinting mode, I couldn't get the speed some of the other girls could get with the descent. (Next time someone needs to hand me some rocks at the feed zone for the final sprint)

I placed 4th. Andrea placed 14th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home