Maria's Racing Journal

This blog is a collection of my race reports and a few other random things. I am a member of CRCA's Radical Media Bicycle Racing Team based in NYC.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Floyd Bennett Field, ITT June 2008

What's the worst thing you can do to your time at an ITT?  Take a wrong turn!  This year the promoter didn't have a marshal or even at cone letting us know not to turn.  I was in my zone and had sunscreen in my eyes and maybe I was a bit delirious b/c of the heat, but I managed to turn when I was supposed to go straight.   I lost a lot of time and completely lost my rhythm and motivation.  Stupid on my part, yes, but once I heard how many people did this, it made me realize that the promoter really should have used a few of the dozens of cones that were at the finish to make sure no one turned where many of us got off course.  Oh, well.....  next TT I will do better for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home