Maria's Racing Journal

This blog is a collection of my race reports and a few other random things. I am a member of CRCA's Radical Media Bicycle Racing Team based in NYC.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Empire State Games- Day #4, July 2007



Team Time Trial

The course was awesome. A two laned roadway shut in both directions! We even had our own car that read NYC with our race numbers on it. Cleo drove our follow car and must have cringed at how poorly we started out.

It took Beth, Martha and I a few miles to get into a rythm, but after that we were solid. I felt great. I has so much energy and knew we had a shot at the Gold. Martha was tired. She is amazing. Every day after the races she went to work! No wonder she was tired. She begged Beth and I to leave her, but then she seemed to get some energy so she stayed with us. We got to the last few mile of the 27 mile TTT and I was frustrated. I wasn't tired and knew I should be, so I took longer and harder pulls. Beth called me a brute in her blog, which warmed my heart. I have never been called a brute. The last mile Martha fell off the back and Beth and I charged for the line. I was yelling to move, go faster (I guess I was kind of being a brute). The time was based on the second rider.

We got silver and just beat third by under a second! Good thing I was being a brute or we would have gotten bronze.

This was the 4th medal that the ladies provided for team NYC! Unfortunately our men's A team came in 4th, just missing a medal.

Overall team NYC got bronze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home