Giro di Jersey

Day one was the ITT. It was pretty straightforward. Out and back with some climbing. I felt pretty good and managed to place 8th.
Day two was the Road Race. I think it was about 4o miles of a loop we did some 3-4 times. There was one set of nice climbs we hammered up every time. Ashley took off on the last lap and I quickly moved to the front of the field to slow things down and go with anyone who tried to bridge. No one chased her until we were about to hit the climbs. Ashley was swallowed by the group, but she held her own and placed in the top half of the field in the sprint. I sprinted with Sarah C of CC, but she got me at the line. I took 6th.
Day three was the circuit race. It was pretty uneventful. No attacks stuck and the climb on the course wasn't enough to drop more than a few girls. It came down to a mass sprint. I took the wrong wheel on the final turn into the sprint and lost quite a few places. I am not sure what place I got, but it was something like 8 or 10?
GC. Overall I took 6th in the GC and felt good every day that I raced. The courses were beautiful and the prize money was generous.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home